Well Anthony started school on the 9th. and he has greatly improved. He regressed a tish over the summer, it seemed like the first three weeks after school was out he improved and started speaking more. but the last month he went backwards.
But he is back up and more. I can now tell him to go potty and he will go by himself. i still have to tell him to go once an hour and he still has accidents. So that hasn't changed at all.
Ry wasn't ready for potty training, he's ready physically by staying dry for long periods of time. But he's not ready cognitively. I couldn't get him to pee in the toilet once. We even camped out in the bathrrom for an hour doing the 3 min on and 10 min off. he peed twice in less than 5 minutes while "off" and each time i grabbed him to put him on the toilet he'd stop. It didn't even register to him what i wanted him to do.
Anthony is now riding the bus to and from school and he loves it. The teacher has a communication notebook that she writes in every day to tell me anything significant. Of course he always has a great day :)
I couldn't find any of the mat naps locally so i made one for Anthony out of the flat sheet to his new bed set. I don't use the flat sheets out of the toddler bedding...
Sunday, August 22, 2010
School has started
it has a built in pillow case. and i used the ties from a curtain set i got at a garage sale.
I am also working on a new backpack for him. something cute and more his style/size
this is Ryans. I wanted to make sure the dimensions were what i wanted before i made anthonys since his would be more functional than Ryans
Anthonys will be blue with a bus on the front pocket and a blue vehicle print. I'll have it done in a day or two. need to hit the craft store.
So we learned at Anthonys IEP meeting that there is speech and language therapy. Anthony doesn't need speech that is the pronunciation of letters and sounds. His teacher said he said chrysanthemum at school. So he needs language, which is saying sentences correctly using the correct verbs and nouns and such.
Posted by Patti at 7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment